Thursday, April 26, 2012

April Happenings

Today is the first day of "quiet" in a month very busy! I did a lot of travelling around Italy. It's like rediscovering this country. The place where I was living in Upstate NY is rich of beautiful forests, full of green, lakes and BIG. You drive for hours and the sceneries don't change much. Italy is small but the landscape changes so often and so quickly: mountains, hills, marsh, sea, shores, boats, wineyards, olive orchards, yellows flowers fields, the Alps covered with snow, small medieval villages on top of mountains. Regional food, every 100 miles the menus offer their local products. It has been a dream. I want to leave again...
You'll wonder: "Didn't you know all of the above?"
Yes I did know but when you travel in spring the changes are unbelievable. I did several trips reaching Umbria - Castiglione del Lago, Tuscany - Cortona, Liguria - Varazze and Piedmont - Mondovi' just to list some of the places where I stopped. I traveled by train, by bus and of course driving my "new" car (Yes I got a new car, after months of using my brother-in-law car I graduated to one all for me and my daughter that has her saying of course). I do have some photos to share with you:

Oggi, primo giorno di calma in un mese denso di accadimenti. Ho viaggiato molto su e giu' per l'Italia. E' stata una riscoperta. La localita' dove vivevo nello stato di NY e' ricca di foreste meravigliose, tanto verde, laghi e spazi infiniti. Guidi per ore senza che il panorama cambi molto. L'Italia al confronto e' piccola ma il paesaggio cambia spesso e velocemente: montagne, colline, paludi, mare, spiagge, navi, vigneti, uliveti, campi di fiori gialli, le Alpi ricoperte di neve, piccoli paesi medievali arroccati sul cucuzzoli di montagne. Piatti regionali, ogni 150 km il menu' dei ristoranti offre una varieta' di prodotti locali. E' stato come vivere un sogno. Voglio ripartire...
Voi vi domanderete: "Ma che non lo sapevi?"
Certo che lo sapevo ma in primavera i colori sono mozzafiato. H fatto piu' di un viaggio, sono stata in Umbria - Castiglione del Lago, Toscana - Cortona, Liguria - Varazze e in Piemonte - Mondovi', tanto per elencarne alcuni. Ho viaggiato in treno, pulman e in macchina, la mia nuova macchina (si perche' dopo mesi che guidavo l'auto di mio cognato mi sono finalmente riconquistata la mia autonomia, mia figlia dice che e' anche la sua). Ho scattato un po' di foto:

Cortona - wineyard in Tuscany - View from Cortona

Spaghetti with seafood - Bigi cheese and black pepper

Streets in Cortona

Cortona's Buildings

Not Much to Add...


Galleries in Cortona


Knitting? Yes I did take some time to have my "dose" of knitting! My youngest sister got married just last Sunday, I knitted for her a Stole. It's been a work of love. 

La maglia? Certo che ho lavorato a maglia! La mia sorella piu' giovane si e' sposata la scorsa domenica, per lei ho realizzato una Stola. E' stato un atto d'amore.


The Stole UFO



I knitted it using The Natural Dye Studio - Precious Lace yarn, color Tinuviel. The pearls and the crystals embroidered on the top of the dress gave me the inspiration for the design of the Stole. Millions of drops in the main body of the stole enriched with two Unique borders. Here the Bride modelling the stole. I'm looking for testers. Any takers?

Ho realizzato la stola con il filato The Natural Dye Studio - Precious Lace, nel colore Tinuviel. Le perle ed i cristalli ricamati nel corpetto del vestito sono stati la mia fonte di ispirazione nel creare la Stola. Milioni di gocce nel corpo della stola arricchita da due bordi Unique. Una foto della sposa mentre indossa la stola. Sto cercando delle tester. Volontarie?







2 comments:

  1. Bellissimo post, bellissime foto ma soprattutto strabellissima la stola!

    ReplyDelete